Caldwell’s – The Store of Plenty!
James M. Caldwell, sons Don and Dick Caldwell and son-in-law Maurice Peters started the company Caldwell’s in the 1920’s. James worked for the Goodland Power and Light Co. and was chief electrician for the power company for seven years. It was through his work at the Power and Light Plant that he learned about electrical wiring and why he decided to start his own company – Caldwell’s Electric Shop. The shop sold the first steel refrigerator, liquid fuel which could be delivered to farmers, radios, and some of the first televisions in the county. The picture on the left shows the Blue brothers, transporters for Caldwell’s bulk gasoline in 1954. From left to right is Purl Blue, Leonard Blue and an unidentified man.